But – I have no time to exercise!
Okay. But you do have time to proclaim this kind of nonsense to yourself? Fine, whatever you want. But time is not really your problem .
Why not time your problem? Because we all have the same amount of time. There are people who have a busier life than you and do have time to exercise. If Obama as president could exercise every day, then you can too.
Time is not your problem. Your problem is a priority. You will not exercise important and nice enough . Making your activities prefers sports.
You just do not feel like exercising.
I get that. I like sports not the best there is. I’d rather sit on the couch with a Playstation controller in my hand. Anyway, sit on the toilet is not necessarily my hobby. But it must be done.
So let’s consider another approach. How can you exercise while you really do not want to have time have to? 🙂
Make sports less difficult for yourself
Let’s not make it harder than it is. What you need is not no sports . What you need is exercise .
Sport is one way of getting exercise. But certainly not the only, best or most efficient way.
Chances are you have indeed time to move. I just throw up a few ideas:
- You would be half an hour earlier to stand up and use that time to exercise. Even running, walking, jogging a little at the place, push-ups, stretching and some yoga in the living room.
- You can at the site running while you are watching TV in the evening. Personally, I sometimes put my laptop in the closet. Then I change the place jogging with some basic strength training while I watch a presentation on YouTube.
- You can train your glutes while stuck in traffic . Left, right, left, right.
- You imprints 15 times and finish in a yoga pose once your morning wake up.
- You can replace a ride by bike . Or replace a bike ride through walking. Use your body to transport yourself.
- You can bike or car park further away so you have to walk more.
- You can make a nice walk with a friend instead of on the couch.
- You can play with your kids . Play wrestling, running, jumping. After fifteen minutes you can not really do more to sports that day.
- Be in the office even jogging in place in the hall or on the toilet. Or as prints or do squats. Whether your challenge colleagues to join.
- You can put to great music and fifteen minutes dancing unabashedly and jump into your living room .
- Be on your day plan an active getaway . Such as bicycles to the forest and hiking there. Or cycle to another city. Or try a new trail. And then treat yourself to a nice lunch.
- You can make easier your life so that you have more free time.
- You may be able to work one day less and use that day for personal development, reading, exercise and meal-prepping.
- You can choose the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator.
- You can take a walk during lunch .
- You can ‘sports’ schedule in your calendar as you implant other activity. Thus, you increase the chance that you will actually do.
- You can sign up for a group or challenge , so you are motivated to participate.
Arise earlier, watch less TV, your body and transport use. Or pick you move it throughout the day. So difficult is not it.
You do not necessarily have to sweat during a body pump lesson to get physical exercise. It can , but it does not.
Become less spastic about sports
Why do you want so badly sports?
Your daily body has about 30 minutes of exercise needed plus an increased heart rate. That does not in one session, and brisk walking also counts . You three times a day 10 minutes jogging in place, and are fine healthy.
Trying to lose weight? Realize that sport is not the most effective way to make that happen.
Sitting in one chocolate bar many calories you should be running 1 to 1.5 hours to burn them. It is much more efficient to simply those calories do not eat .
Make sure you eat nutritious with fewer calories . Then you need to exercise less. Exercise is very healthy. But most people have no more than 30 minutes a day needs to be healthy.
Of course, additional movement can be even better. But if you find it hard now to weave 30 minutes in your day, it’s smart to start small. Make your life more active, learn some new habits and build it so calmly.
You do not have to join a gym to get enough exercise. By the time you’re dressed, you went to the gym, have found a parking lot and you start lessons, at home had a YouTube workout your daily goal to achieve this.
You also do not need a fancy new outfit. Start with what you have: your body. Use the – more you do not have to.
Challenge yourself with an activity tracker
There are some gadgets that can give you a helping hand. Since a few months I have an Apple Watch, and I can feel that it helps me to move.
I suggest a daily challenging goal for myself, and I find that I really do my best to achieve this goal.
I notice that the small decisions influences my behavior. If I have not yet eventful example I walk a longer route with Rummage. Whether I’m still just dancing, jumping and sports in the living room. Or I walk into the center, instead of that I take the bike. Or I propose to do something active with a friend.
The real-time insight into your daily activity can help you to become more active, and move on ways to integrate more into your day . You do not ‘need time to exercise. ” You can just make your life more active, and thus realize your daily exercise goals.
And you do not buy Apple Watch . I happen to be a nerd, and hack all sorts of useful things together for my watch. But you can use the pedometer on your phone, get an inexpensive pedometer or consider a cheaper wearable as a FitBit, or other Android Wear smartwatch, sports watches and wearable.
Here is a list of the best selling activity crackers .
As management guru Peter Drucker once said . “What gets measured gets managed” If you monitor the active / inactive you were, the more likely you do something about it.
Make exercise fun and integral
Do not feel like exercising? Then, move more during the day. You do not “officially” sports to be healthy. You must move.
So when you move. Build it slowly. The more you move, the more it becomes easier and more fun.